Serve in the Church
Grow in your faith by serving alongside other parishioners in one or more of the following ministries within St. Thomas.
- The Altar Guild – prepares the altar for worship services and cares for the altar linens and Eucharistic vessels
- The Flower Guild – provides floral arrangements for Sunday services, funerals, and receptions.
- The Wedding Guild – provides wedding preparations
- The Funeral Guild – provides funeral preparations
Serve as Torchbearers, Crucifers, and Servers—open to all, including children 3rd grade and up
- Read the scripture lessons during the worship service
- Welcome people as they enter the church
- Assist newcomers and visitors
- Distribute bulletins
- Find seats for those attending services
- Conduct attendance counts
- Pass offering plates
- Direct people to the altar during the Eucharist
Lay Eucharistic Ministers
- Licensed by the diocese to serve during Eucharistic services
- Some are specially licensed to take communion from our Sunday Eucharist to hospitalized and homebound members of St. Thomas
The St. Thomas Music Program
Our musicians perform anthems and pieces that span a broad range of church music. All four of our choirs welcome newcomers.
- The Adult Choir is a traditional choir who sing at the 10:30 am Sunday service. Rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings.
- The Treble Choir is for children in grades pre-K and up who sing at the Quarterly Children’s Services and select special events. Rehearsals are Sunday afternoons.
- Joyful Noise is a contemporary music group that plays on the second Sunday of each month, at the regular Wednesday evening service, and for other special services as requested.
- St. Thomas has a full set of handbells that are used occasionally throughout the year, rehearsing as needed. Anyone is welcome to join our Handbell Choir.
For more information about how to get involved in St. Thomas’s music program, contact Kathy Heim, our Treble & Adult Choir Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have several in-reach ministries.
- The Buildings and Grounds Committee is responsible for the maintenance of the facilities and grounds of St. Thomas.
- Our Fellowship Committee facilitates many of the social events at St. Thomas. This involves chairing various events, soliciting volunteers to help decorate, providing/cooking foods, and cleaning up.
- Our Pastoral Care volunteers care for those who need pastoral assistance, whether it is checking in on those who are confined, sending cards of encouragement, or praying for those who are distressed. Enfolded in Pastoral Care is the Loaves and Fishes ministry, which prepares, boxes, and freezes meals for parishioners in need.
Let us know how you would like to serve at St. Thomas Episcopal Church by filling out the form below.